Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Soup
2 tbsp. Perilla oil or coconut oil
2 Whole Cauliflowers chopped into medium/small pieces
2 Leeks Chopped into small slices
1 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp. Garlic chopped
2 medium/large Sweet potatoes chopped in cubes
2 tbsp. Braggs Organic Sprinkle that includes 24 different herbs and spices
1 parsnip chopped
2 vegetable stock either 2 tbsp. or 2 cubes
2 quarts of water
Pinch salt and black pepper to taste
I am cooking this in my Instant Pot; you can use a regular large saucepan.
- Place your oil in the bottom of your instant pot and turn on the sauté mode for about 10 minutes.
- Add your Onions, Leeks, Garlic Braggs Spice, parsnips salt and pepper.
- Now add your cauliflower and sweet potatoes, stirring well with all your other ingredients.
- Your 10 minuets of sautéing should be finished,
- Now add your water and vegetable stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Press the soup/broth button and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Once it has finished, you can either allow the pressure to naturally release which takes about 15 to 20 minutes s or you can quick release the pressure. (On a side note I have noticed that the lid will not open until the pressure has fully released either way you do it. Once the little red valve has risen it is safe to open the lid)
- Once the lid is off and your soup has cooled down a little.
- Using an immersion blender gently blend your soup. You can make it creamy or leave a little texture. With this particular soup I like a little texture.
- If you do not have an immersion blender you can place your soup in a regular blender or a Vitamix until you get your desired consistency.
- There are a couple of options now. You can ladle your yummy soup into beautiful bowls and eat straight away or place it in the fridge once cooled for another day or place in the freezer for when ever your hearts desires.