Chocolate Dream Pie
9” Pie Dish
3 Cups of Almond Flour
6 tbsp. coconut oil
6 tbsp. Organic dark Maple Syrup
½ tsp. Himalayan
1 Medium size Saucepan
2 Cans (13.5oz) Full-fat Coconut Milk (my favorite brand is Native Forest organic coconut milk as its so creamy and tastes Yummy)
6 tsp. Agar Agar Flakes (Can find on line or in most grocery stores)
1 ½ Cups Coconut Sugar
3 tsp. Vanilla extract
6oz Organic Bitter Sweet Chocolate Chips (Equal Exchange is the brand I use)
Pinch of salt
- First get a little coconut oil and spread over the base of the pie dish with a little parchment paper. (Thisprotects the crust from sticking to the bottom of the Pie Dish)
- Now make the piecrust. Start by getting a large mixing bowl, then add the Almond Four, coconut oil, Maple syrup and salt. Once all ingredients are added in the bowl gently mix them all together until you have a slightly sticky batter, kneed this all together so it looks like a ball of pastry dough.
- Transfer this dough into your prepared Pie Crust Dish and use your hands to press the dough over the base and up the sides of your pie dish until it reaches the top and is evenly spread over the whole pie dish. (Note: you may need to have a small bowl of water and towel near by so you can periodically wipe of the dough as it is a little sticky and may stick to your hands as you are spreading it) I definitely always need this, as it can become a sticky fun mess.
- Once you pie dish is already place it in your freezer to cool down a little. While you are making your filling.
- Now prepare your yummy chocolate filling, start by placing the coconut milk, agar flakes, coconut sugar, vanilla into your sauce pan, place your pan over a medium-high heat and bring mixture to the boil while stirring constantly with a spoon or whisk. Once all the contents have dissolved and mixed together turn down the heat to a simmer and add your chocolate chips and pinch of salt Mix these all together until everything looks smooth and has a beautiful chocolate color.
- Now remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the piecrust from the freezer now and pour in your beautiful chocolate mixture.
- Now place your pie in the fridge for 4-6 hours to cool and become firm to the touch.
- If you are in a hurry to eat your yummy pie you can place it in the freezer for 1 hour and then place it in your fridge for an hour.
Will serve up to 8 people
Decorating Your Pie
Now you have your beautiful chocolate pie finished it is time to decorate it, there are many ways you can do this but my favorite is using fresh berries for color, freshness and added delicious flavor.
2 containers of Strawberry’s, 1 container of blueberry’s, black berry’s and raspberry’s
Powdered sugar for finishing touch
- Start by halving your strawberries and placing them around the edge of your pie to create a circle of strawberries. Them add one Large whole strawberry in the middle and place another small circle of strawberries around that.
- Now place some blueberries, raspberries and black berries and cover the area where you can still see the chocolate filling. Place as many as you like until the whole top of the pie is covered in berries.
- Now place back in your fridge until you are ready to serve.
- For an added touch just before you serve if you like you can sieve a little bite of powdered sugar over the pie to give added beauty and sparkle.