Claire's Cranberry Sauce
2lb Fresh Cranberry’s
2 large oranges using the rind and juice
3 Cinammon sticks
2 heap teaspoons of fresh grated ginger
6 tbsp. of Port
- Use a Large sauce pan and place on your cook top .
- Now chop up your cranberries using your food processor,
- Then place them into the pan.
- Using a food grater, gate the rind of the oranges, and place in your pan.
- Now squeeze your oranges and put the juice in the pan.
- Now add the sugar, cloves, ginger, cinnamon sticks and port into the pan. Mix well together.
- Turn on your cook top to a medium/high heat and bring a boil mixing your ingredients occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Now place on simmer mode and simmer for about 20 minutes. Now place in a glass container to cool down. Once cooled you can place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Make sure you remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves before serving. Although I like to leave them in as long as possible for a rich flavor.