Crunchy Kale Salad
12 oz Bag of Organic Chopped Kale
4 Medium to large Carrots
1 Cup Raw unsalted Walnuts
1 Cup Unsweetened Dried Cranberries
1 oz Freshly squeezed Lime Juice
3 oz Cold first pressed Olive Oil
½ Bunch of finely chopped Cilantro
½ oz Dark Grade-A Maple Syrup
- You will need a Large Mixing bowl to place all your ingredients in and a food processor.
- Place your kale in the food processor and pulse until chopped into small pieces. Now add to your mixing bowl.
- Cut the carrots into 1-inch slices and place in food processor and chop until in small pieces. Place in your mixing bowl.
- Now place your walnuts in the food processor and chop until in small pieces. Place in the mixing bowl
- Add your Cranberries into the food processor and blend until in small pieces. This will take a little longer as the cranberries are harder. Be careful not to over process them as you will end up with one big sticky ball of cranberries. It’s better to undercut them rather than get a sticky mess.
- Once you have the cranberries to their desired size add them also to your mixing bowl.
- Now using a wooden spoon or your hands, Mix all the ingredients together,
- I like to place the finished product in a Large Glass container or a large Ziploc bag and store in the fridge and use as desired.
- Now make the dressing by placing all the ingredients in the food processor and blending them together for a minute or so. Place the dressing in a glass container and mix with the kale salad when you are ready to eat it.
Do not put the salad dressing with the Kale Salad until you are ready to eat it as it with make the kale become very soggy.