Curried Broccoli Soup
1 Chopped Onion
2 Leeks Chopped
1 tbsp. Garlic chopped
1tbsp.fresh ginger chopped
1 tbsp. fresh turmeric
4 tbsp. Indian Curry powder
1 tbsp. Whole Cumin Seeds
1 medium potato chopped into cubes
3 Bunches Broccoli
2 tbsp. of vegetable or chicken stock you can also use 2 cubes.
½ cup white wine
2 qtrs. water
I am cooking this in my Instant Pot; you can use a regular large saucepan.
- Place your oil in the bottom of your instant pot and turn on the sauté mode for about 10 minutes. Now add your onions, leeks, and garlic. Fresh ginger. Turmeric, whole cumin seeds and sauté for a few minutes.
- Now add your curry powder, potatoes, broccoli and white wine.
- Your 10 minuets of sautéing should be finished,
- Now add your water and vegetable/chicken stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Press the soup/broth button and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Once it has finished, you can either allow the pressure to naturally release which takes about 15 to 20 minutes s or you can quick release the pressure. (On a side note I have noticed that the lid will not open until the pressure has fully released either way you do it. Once the little red valve has risen it is safe to open the lid)
- Once the lid is off and your soup has cooled down a little.
- Using an immersion blender gently blend your soup. You can make it creamy or leave a little texture. With this particular soup I like a little texture.
- If you do not have an immersion blender you can place your soup in a regular blender or a Vitamix until you get your desired consistency.
- There are a couple of options now. You can ladle your yummy soup into beautiful bowls and eat straight away or place it in the fridge once cooled for another day or place in the freezer for when ever your hearts desires.