Valentine's Day Fairy Cakes
4oz soft butter or non-dairy butter
5oz Caster Sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6oz self-raising flower
2 tbsp. milk or coconut milk
1 Cup cake baking tray
12 baking cups in valentine’s colors
1 cup/ 8 0z of cold unsalted butter
4 Cups/ 1lb of confectioners Icing Sugar
2 to 3 tbsp. milk or cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
You will need a piping bag and a medium size-decorating tip.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your cup cake baking tray and place the baking cups in each hole.
- Place your butter and sugar in a bowl and use an electric hand mixer. Mix until light and fluff it will be a light creamy color and very fluffy, you cannot over do this step the more they are beaten together the better.
- Add your 2 eggs and vanilla extract and mix together some more until all is nice and creamy.
- Now add your flour using a slow speed on your mixer so as not to knock out all the air.
- If needed this is when you add a little of your milk, andmix it all together.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon the mixture into your baking cups.
- Now place in your pre heated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside so they can cool a little before taking them out of the tray and placing them on a wire rack
- Now prepare your frosting.
- Using a fresh mixing bowl cut your cold butter into smaller cubes and place in your mixing bowl.
- Using your electrical hand mixer, mix the butter together a little. Now slowly start adding your icing sugar and mix this all together until it is thick and creamy. Add in you vanilla extract and milk and mix together for another minute.
- If you so desire this is the time to add your food coloring of choice and mix well until all the color is evenly placed through out the frosting.
- Now place in your piping bag, taking one fairy cake at a time pipe the frosting in a circular motion around the outside of the cake moving towards the center to achieve your desired look.
- You can now sprinkle the frosting with the sprinkles of your choice.